ATTITUDE is an extremely complex word but by simple definition, it means a way of feeling or acting toward a person, thing, or situation.
There is no doubt that the Covid-19 pandemic has created tough challenges for the franchise industry, but opportunities also exist as franchisors look to franchise new innovative concepts or diversify their existing businesses. It is easy to get drawn into negativity and to feel depressed about the future but luckily attitude is a choice and it is up to each one of us whether we accept this negativity or not.
What is the impact of your attitude on your franchise?
Your attitude rubs off on your staff, your customers and all those that you come into contact with. If you maintain a positive attitude, this will be infectious and those around you will pick up on your positive energy. Everyone in your franchise will feel positive and customers will want to do business with you. This in turn will lead to you maximising the performance of your franchise.
If you maintain a negative attitude, the opposite is likely to happen. People will not want to be around you, your staff will feel demotivated and customers will not want to do business with you. The result will be that the performance of your franchise will deteriorate.
The importance of a positive attitude
With a positive approach you will feel in control and confident and you will perform at your best, whereas a negative approach will damage confidence, harm performance, paralyse your mental skills and may also impact your health.
How to maintain a positive attitude?
- Look for the positive side. It is easy to focus on the negative when there is so much negative news around. However look for the positive side and focus on this.
- Be aware of your thoughts. Focus on how you think about different situations. Look for the positives in all situations and challenge any negative thoughts and turn them into positives.
- Present a positive attitude to others. Even if you are feeling down, make sure you present a positive attitude to everyone you deal with. This will help you feel more positive and make others feel positive too.
- Focus on what has gone well. Focus on what has gone well and what you have achieved. See things that have not gone so well as a learning curve.
- Be careful who you associate with. Surround yourself with positive people and avoid those who are negative.
- Focus on improving the performance of your franchise. Focus on getting your franchise in the best shape to weather any possible downturn and to maximise your short term and longer-term business performance. This may be by improving productivity, enhancing customer service, changing your marketing activity, maximising your repeat business, training staff or reviewing your cost base.
- Keep your franchise goals at the forefront of your mind. What are the goals for your franchise? Revisit them and make sure they are still relevant. Make sure all your current actions support your goals.
Whether you are a franchisor or franchisee, it is vitally important to have a positive attitude and see what difference it makes to you and your franchise. You will find that it not only maximises the performance of your franchise, but it will also have a positive impact on other areas of your life.
A – Always greet your customers
T – Treat your customers with respect
T – Talk to your customers
I – Interact with your customers in a relaxed manner
T – Turn up to work with a Positive Attitude
U – Understand your customer’s needs
D – Discover the impact you have around your customers
E – Excite your customers about your products
SA FRANCHISE BRANDS
Stay Safe! Stay Positive!
Remember to visit www.safranchisebrands.co.za for Franchise Opportunities.